SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) Antigen Test – SINGLE TEST
- Product Name
- SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) Antigen Test – SINGLE TEST
- Product Code:
The SARS‑CoV‑2 Rapid Antigen Test is a rapid chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of specific antigens of SARS‑CoV‑2 present in the human nasopharynx. This test is intended to detect antigen from the SARS‑CoV‑2 virus in individuals suspected of COVID‑19.
test kit (Colloidal gold immunochromatography) intended for the qualitative detection of antigen against SARS-CoV-2 in clinical samples (nasal swab).
- non invasive, simple to use
- convenient, no device required
- rapid, gets results in 15 minutes
- stable, with high accuracy
- inexpensive, cost-efficiency
- 12 months shelf life since manufacturing date (average shelf life of stock: 4 to 10 months)
- storage condition: 4~30°C
Kit includes test card, nasal swab, both individually packed and diluent solution (3 ml).
The benefit of having a SARS-CoV-2 antigen test available
The SARS-CoV-2 virus causes respiratory tract infection. It is transmitted mainly via respiratory droplets after close contact, and primary viral replication is presumed to occur in mucosal epithelium of the upper respiratory tract (nasal cavity and pharynx).1 At these locations viral load peaks within the first week after symptom onset, and then declines.2
A SARS-CoV-2 antigen test detects the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus from part of the upper respiratory tract swab specimens by identifying a nucleoprotein that is carried by the virus. The test identifies current infection during the acute phase of COVID-19, while the virus is still present in large quantities in the respiratory tract.
The benefits of the SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test in short:
- Getting a quick result within 15-30 minutes – no need for a follow-up appointment to discuss the result
- Easy handling which does not require specific training
- No instrument required
- Allowing decentralized testing or access to testing in areas where laboratory testing is not available
- Testing the quick and easy way
Test kit information
The kit is ready for use and contains all equipment needed to perform a test. individually boxed.